Call for 2023-2024 Board of Director Nominees
The Nova Scotia Rainbow Action Project (NSRAP) is seeking nominations for members for our Board of Directors.
NSRAP seeks equity, justice and human rights for 2SLGBTQIA+ people in Nova Scotia. NSRAP seeks to create change in our communities and our society at large so that all 2LGBTQIA+ people are included, valued, and celebrated. We will achieve this through building community and developing strong networks outside of community in addition to public outreach, education, and political action.
The Nominating committee will review applications and bring forward to the Board of Directors for election by the membership or, to fill a vacancy, may reach out provisionally if agreed to by all members.
Details on how to apply are at the bottom of this posting.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Available for monthly meetings.
- Participate in at least one board committee (additional monthly meetings or more frequent meetings as needed).
- We are seeking directors who are interested in a longer term commitment to the organization.
- Previous experience sitting on a board is valuable.
- Directors participate in the governance of NSRAP – provide insight, foresight and oversight to NSRAP activities.
- All directors are expected to assist with external fundraising for the organization.
- Enthusiasm and time: All interested community members are encouraged to apply. Enthusiasm for NSRAP’s mission and willingness to dedicate your time to the work are the most important factors for consideration.
- Regional Representation: Existing board members reside mainly in Halifax and Dartmouth. NSRAP aims to work all across Nova Scotia and we want our board to reflect that. We encourage those from outside Halifax to apply. We currently have two Board members who attend meeting via phone and or video conferencing but are exploring better ways to include Board members from outside of Halifax.
- Needed Skills: The Board has also identified a number of areas where it would be valuable to have certain skill sets, experience, and expertise in new directors. Any one of these skills and or experience would be a welcome contribution from prospective directors:
- Membership development
- Campaign and outreach experience
- Communications/public relations
- Legal expertise
- A background in anti-oppressive work and/or education
- To apply, please complete these 2 forms:
- Applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee and brought forward to a NSRAP Special Meeting.
- It is preferred that nominees are in attendance at the meeting for the vote and where they will have the opportunity to address the members.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.