If you are a member of the media and need resources on LGBTQ issues, please contact us by phone (902-422-1405) or e-mail (email@example.com). Please include your outlet, your deadline, contact information and the purpose of the story.
We also suggest that media review GLAAD’s Media Reference Guide and Trans Canada’s Media Style Guide when discussing issues relating sexual orientation and gender identity.
- October 27: Leighann Wichman and Scott Jones named community heroes [PDF]
- May 14: Anti-Homophobia and Transphobia Rally will Feature Scott Jones and Local LGBTQ Leaders [PDF]
- April 1: Gender Confirming Surgery Funding Positive; Barriers Remain [PDF]
- Reference: Department of Health & Wellness: Implementation of Funding for Sex Reassignment Surgery (April 1, 2014) [PDF] (See our Trans Health page for the newest version)
- November 1: CBC Radio’s Mainstreet NS and Maritime Magazine Honoured with Raymond Taavel Award [PDF]
- October 28: NSRAP Names AIDS Coalition of Cape Breton for 2013 Turret Stewardship Award [PDF]
- October 14: NSRAP Extends Support to Scott Jones, His Family and the New Glasgow LGBTQ Community Following Stabbing [PDF]
- October 2: NSRAP Announces 2013 Rev. Darlene Young Community Hero Award: Valley Youth Project [PDF]
- September 25: NSRAP Gala to Feature Canada’s Foremost Queer Journalist [PDF]
- May 22: NSRAP ’s Response to Canadian Blood Services’ MSM Donor Criteria Change
- May 16: Community Rallies Against Homophobia and Transphobia
- November 15: LGBT Advocacy Group Presents Petition to Amend NS Human Rights Act to Include Transgender Protections.
- July 27: LGBT Rights Group Wants NS to Amend Human Rights Act. See also Protect Gender Identity & Gender Expression.